Exporting 101: Finance options for small businesses
• Are you an entrepreneur ready to take your product or services overseas?
• Are you a current exporter interested in expanding to new markets?
• Do you plan to increase your export working capital?
• Do you know the most appropriate payment terms for your export activities?
7:30 – registration/check-in
8am-12pm – program
1445 New York Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20005
(McPherson Square & Metro Center)
The DC Small Business Development Center (DC SBDC), an outreach program of Howard University working in partnership with the U.S. Small Business Administration, and SunTrust Banks Inc. are co-hosting this international trade financing seminar for local small businesses and entrepreneurs who are currently exporting or are considering selling their products and services to overseas markets. The event will focus on public and private sources of working capital, export financing, and financial risk protection available for small businesses.
Learn from experts in small business trade and finance from U.S. trade agencies and SunTrust Banks Inc.'s International Division. Network with other small businesses taking advantage of international markets.
A panel discussion will be followed by breakout sessions on trade finance, one-on-one trade counseling, and business networking.
Exporting can offer your company major growth opportunities in markets outside the United States. Today it’s easier than ever for a company, regardless of size, to sell goods and services across the globe. Come learn from and connect with leading trade finance experts and like-minded entrepreneurs.
Inquiries: Ian Oliver
Senior International Trade Consultant, DC SBDC
Speaker(s): - Michael Filchock, Director, Global Trade Solutions, SunTrust Banks Inc.
- Hai-Nah Ellison, Vice President, Trade Advisor-Global Trade Solutions, SunTrust Banks Inc.
- Bill Fanjoy, Director, Virginia, DC U.S. Export Assistance Center
- Bill Houck, Regional Manager and International Trade Finance Specialist, SBA
- Ex-Im Bank Representative (TBD)
- Nenad Dordevic, President, SALTUS LLC
Co-Sponsor(s): Small Business Administration
SunTrust Banks Inc.
1445 New York Ave, NW